Zagora 2 days desert trip
Your 2-days private tour in the desert from Marrakech to Zagora is your best chance to discover the Moroccan Sahara desert at a glance: it will make you discover the Saharan landscapes of the Drâa valley and the Zagora rock desert. Cross the High Atlas Mountains with our private tour to the Zagora Desert. Enjoy the VIP treatment of your own fully qualified and accredited guide driver who will allow you to discover the dunes of Zagora in the best possible way.
Destination: Zagora in luxcury bivouac
Pick up time: 8:30 H
Duration: 2 Days
Category: Private excursion
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|288.00 £||306.00 £||378.00 £||450.00 £||522.00 £||594.00 £||666.00 £||738.00 £||810.00 £||882.00 £||954.00 £||1,026.00 £||1,098.00 £||1,170.00 £|
• Enjoy the panoramic views from the High Atlas of Berber villages.
• Cross the famous Tizi n’Tichka pass located at an altitude of 2260m.
• Visit the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou and the Kasbah of Taourirt.
• visit the museum and film studios in the city of Ouarzazate.
• Cross the Berber village of Agdez and the Draa valley.
• Enjoy the Zagora Dunes on a camel.
• Watch the sunrise and sunset in the desert.
• Evening entertainment and traditional dinner around the campfire at the bivouac.
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - AIT BENHADDOU –OUARZAZATE - ZAGORA
The tour will start with the discovery of the High Atlas: you will pass through Berber villages and you will appreciate the panoramic views from the high Atlas mountains. You will cross the famous Tizi n’Tichka pass to reach the fortified village of Ait ben Haddou, a Unesco World Heritage Site, visit and have lunch in the Kasbah. Afterward, continue to Ouarzazate for a visit to the museum and the Cinema Studios.
Departure to Zagora, on arrival you will change vehicles against camels for a ride in the desert. In the evening, you will admire an exceptional sunset and return to the luxury bivouac for a traditional dinner around the campfire and a night in a nomad tent in the Sahara.
DAY 2: ZAGORA - DRAA VALLEY - OUARZAZATE - TAOURIRT - MARRAKECH
Wake up early to watch the sunrise at the Dunes of Zagora, then return to camp to have breakfast before continuing your excursion to Ouarzazate. You will pass through the Agdez Valley and the Draa Valley lined with palm trees and ancient kasbahs. Admire the magnificent landscapes, the palm groves, and the green Oases! Arrival in Ouarzazate, you will have your lunch then place to a visit of the kasbah of Taourirt with its alleys and authentic adobe houses. End of your visit and return to Marrakech in the afternoon.
What to remember
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transport in modern air-conditioned tourist minibus
• French-speaking driver
• One night in a deluxe camp with dinner.
• 1-hour camel ride.
What is not included:
• A la carte lunch between 2 to 10 euros
• Optional local guide 3 euros per person
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional activities