Mhamid 2 day desert trip
This 2 days desert trip to Erg Chigaga from Marrakech through the desert of Zagora, Mhamid, and Foum Zguid is strongly proposed for people who like to escape from the bustling cities to silent and calmest local spots. If you do not have enough time for long Marrakech desert trips, this an eclectic choice for you.
Destination: The Dunes of M’Hamid
Pickup time: 8:30 am
Duration: 2 days and 1 night with accommodation included
Category: Private tour
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|324.00 £||378.00 £||450.00 £||522.00 £||594.00 £||666.00 £||738.00 £||810.00 £||882.00 £||954.00 £||1,026.00 £||1,098.00 £||1,170.00 £||1,242.00 £|
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - AIT BEN HADDOU - TAOURIRT - OUARZAZATE - ZAGORA - MHAMID
Your tour will start from Marrakech to the south-east of Morocco at Mhamid El Ghizlane. It will allow you to explore the Moroccan desert by 4x4 with your competent driver who knows the region perfectly. You will pass by the High Atlas via the Tichka pass which rises to 2260 meters. You will discover the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou and the Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate, before arriving in Zagora. This city is the emblem of the Moroccan desert and the access point to Mhamid El Ghizlane. On arrival, you will enjoy a camel ride on the dunes of Erg Lihoudi which will dazzle you and a rather exceptional sunset. You will spend the night in a bivouac in the middle of the Sahara, after a traditional dinner and a lively evening around the campfire.
DAY 2: MHAMID - ZAGORA - DRAA VALLEY - AGDEZ - OUARZAZATE - MARRAKECH
Wake up early to watch the sunrise over the desert dunes. Then, return to the bivouac for breakfast, before hitting the road in your 4x4 in the direction of Ouarzazate. You cross the Drâa Valley; the longest in Morocco spanning from M’Hamid to Agdz via Zagora; Free time to discover this magnificent valley bordered by palm groves, fields, and superb Kasbahs and ksours built in adobe. Lunch in Ouarzazate and you will return to Marrakech via the Col de Tizi n’Tichka and crossing the Berber villages and the high Atlas mountains.
What to remember
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transport in private 4x4 vehicle with French-speaking driver
• Camel ride
• 1-night accommodation in a bivouac in the middle of the Dunes
• Breakfast and dinner
What is not included:
• A la carte lunch between 2 to 10 euros
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Local guide at the Ait Ben Haddou kasbah 3 euros/person
• Optional activities