Marrakech to merzouga desert tours 4x4
Your private excursion from Marrakech to Merzouga in 4x4 with a first night in the hotel in Dades and a second in a luxury bivouac in Merzouga guarantees a total change of scenery and an unforgettable desert experience. Accompanied by your own accredited and fully qualified driver, you will discover the south of Morocco at your own pace and in the best way you want.
Destination: Excursion Merzouga 3 days
Duration: 3 Days 2 nights
Category: Private excursion in 4x4 with French speaking driver
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, hat and sunscreen.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|630.00 £||702.00 £||792.00 £||882.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £|
4x4 Marrakesh Merzouga circuit
Highlights Merzouga excursion 3 days
• Explore a panoramic route from the High Atlas and the Tizi n’Tichka pass at an altitude of 2260m.
• Visit the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou and the old Kasbah de Télouet. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Visit the museum and the Cinema Studio in Ouarzazate.
• Enjoy the big dunes of Erg Chebbi on a camel
• Admire the sunrise and sunset at the Dunes of Merzouga
• Enjoy a friendly atmosphere of a bivouac vigil around the campfire.
• Cross the Draa Valley lined with palm trees and ancient kasbahs.
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - TELOUET - KASBAH AIT BEN HADDOU - OUARZAZATE - GORGES DE DADES
The circuit begins with the discovery of the High Atlas and Berber villages. You will pass from Tizi n’Tichka, the highest road in Morocco (2260m) and the only direct passage that leads you to Ouarzazate and the entire Southeast region. First stop will be the Telouet Kasbah on the heights of the Ounila Valley. The latter offers you spectacular landscapes of ocher villages, abandoned kasbahs, orchards and Ksours. Then visit the Ait Benhadou Kasbah: a site recommended by Unesco World Heritage. Lunch at the Kasbah and continue to the door of the desert and the city of Ouarzazate Cinema! Where you will visit the museum and the Cinema Studio. Then you will continue to the Dades Gorges and the Valley of Roses where we will spend the first night at the Panorama Dades hotel.
DAY 2: GORGES DEADADES - TINGHIR - GORGES DE TODRA - MERZOUGA - DUNES D'ERG CHEBBI
The next day, after breakfast, you will take the road to Merzouga. You will pass through the Todra gorges, starting point for hikes to the highest Atlas mountains, visit the site and continue to Merzouga. On arrival, you will take the dromedaries to start your ride in the desert through the wonderful dunes of Erg Chebbi. In the evening, you will enjoy the beautiful sunset before leaving for your luxury camp where you will spend your night after a hearty dinner around the Atlas du sable campfire.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA - DRAA VALLEY - AGDEZ - OUARZAZATE - MARRAKECH
Very early in the morning, you will attend the sunrise then you will return to the camp for breakfast. Your driver will then take you to discover the small villages of Agdez along the magnificent Draa Valley lined with palm trees and ancient kasbahs. You will cross the TiziTinififft pass (1660m) for the arrival in Ouarzazate where you will have your lunch before resuming the way towards Marrakech by crossing again the Tiz-Tichka Pass (2260 m) and the High Atlas mountains.
What to remember:
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transport in modern, air-conditioned tourist minibus with French-speaking driver
• Half board accommodation (dinner and breakfast included)
• 1-night accommodation in a hotel in Dades
• 1-night accommodation in a luxury bivouac in Merzouga
• Camel ride
What is not included:
• A la carte lunch between 2 to 10 euros
• Access fees to monuments
• Local guide 3 euros per person at Ait ben Haddou Kasbah