Chegaga 3 day desert trip
Take a private tour to the Chegaga Dunes and enjoy the VIP treatment. Your own driver guide, fully qualified and accredited, will allow you to discover the Chegaga dunes in the best possible way.
Destination: Chegaga Dunes
Pickup time: 8:30 am
Duration: 3 Days and 2 Nights
Category: Private tour
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|630.00 £||720.00 £||810.00 £||900.00 £||990.00 £||1,080.00 £||1,170.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £|
• Explore a scenic route, passing through the High Atlas via the Tichka Pass (at an altitude of 2260 m).
• Visit Ait Benhaddou, the Kasbah of the fortified village.
• Discover the charm of the city of Ouarzazate.
• Cross the Berber village of Agdez and the Draa valley with its procession of palm trees.
• Discover the lifestyle of desert nomads.
• Enjoy the Zagora dunes on camels, and watch the sunrise and sunset.
• Magical evening at the bivouac, in the middle of the desert after a traditional dinner around the campfire.
• Free time to discover the Berber villages Foum Zguid, Taznakht, wawzguit and Amerzegane
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - TICHKA- AIT BEN HADDOU - AGDEZ - ZAGORA
Departure of our 4x4 tour to the south via the famous Tichka pass, visit the Telouet Kasbah, the descent of the Ounila valley, a Berber valley with sublime architecture. After visiting the Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, and after Tizi n'Tinifift we will drive along the Draa Valley from the town of Agdez. The landscape offers magnificent palm groves punctuated by Ksours and Douars and beautiful adobe architecture. Night in a 3 stars hotel with half board.
DAY 2: ZAGORA - M'HAMID - ERG CHEGAGA
After visiting the pottery workshops and the Koranic library of Tamegroute, you will continue your journey to M'hamid crossing the sandy wadis and varied vegetation of tamarisks and calotropis to Dayat Chegaga, the usual gathering place for nomadic families. Arriving at Erg Laabidlia, you will reach your magnificent bivouac in the middle of the desert. You will have the opportunity to take a camel ride in the dunes ... overnight under the stars in the Sahara after a traditional dinner.
DAY 3: ERG CHEGAGA - FOUM ZGUID - MARRAKECH
Early departure to the foothills of the Anti-Atlas. You will cross the huge IRIKI LAKE plateau, and you will pass the small town of Foum Zguid, Taznakht and the capital of saffron and wawzguit carpet. You will join Amerzegane to find the road to Tizi n’tichka and return to Marrakech at the end of the day.
What to remember
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech.
• Transport in a 4X4 tourist car with a French-speaking driver.
• Night in a typical hotel.
• Night in a bivouac in a nomad tent.
• Camel ride.
• Breakfast and dinner.
What is not included
• Lunch at the à la carte restaurant between 2 to 10 euros.
• Local guide in Ait Ben Hadou 3 euros per person.
• Entrance fees to monuments.
• Optional activities.
• Personal expenses