5 day tour Erg Chegaga
Take this 5 days private tour through the dunes of southern Morocco and enjoy the VIP treatment. Your own driver guide, fully qualified and accredited, will allow you to discover southern Morocco in the best possible way.
Destination: chegaga dunes
Duration: 5 days and 4 nights with accommodation included
Category: Private tour
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|1,044.00 £||1,134.00 £||1,278.00 £||1,422.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £||0.00 £|
• Cross the High Atlas via the Tizi n’Tichka pass located at an altitude of 2260m.
• Discover the charm of southern Morocco and admire the way of life of desert nomads.
• Visit of the fortified village Ait Ben Haddou and the film studios in the city of Ouarzazate.
• Enjoy the Chegaga Dunes in the Zagora Desert.
• Admire the sunrise and sunset over the Chegaga Dunes.
• Friendly atmosphere, overnight in bivouac and traditional dinner around the campfire.
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - OUARZAZATE - ZAGORA
Begin your trip to the Great South of Morocco from Marrakech to the port of the Ouarzazate desert. You will cross the High Atlas mountains via the Tizi n’Tichka pass, where you will enjoy panoramic views from the highest road in Morocco (2260m). Before entering Ouarzazate, you will stop at Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for the visit. Lunch in Ouarzazate and continuation to Zagora through the Drâa valley. Dinner and overnight in Zagora in HOTEL Le TINSOULINE hotel.
DAY 2: ZAGORA - TAMGROUTE - M’Hamid El Ghizlane
Breakfast then visit the village of Tamegroute, 18km from Zagora, which houses the underground Kasbah and one of the oldest Koranic libraries in Morocco. Departure to M’Hamid. Once arrived at Erg Lihoudi's Dunes you will enjoy a one-hour camel ride and in the evening you will watch the sunset. Dinner and overnight in bivouac at M’Hamid.
DAY 3: M’HAMID - ERG CHEGAGA (CHEGAGA DUNES)
This day, you will have a real experience of the desert of Morocco. A variety of activities will keep you busy all day long: camel ride, sand trekking, quad, 4x4 driving in the sand. A visit to a few nomads near their camels will be the highlight of the day. You will share a cup of mint tea with them while you listen to their stories. Dinner and overnight in your camp at Erg Chegaga.
DAY 4: ERG CHEGAGA - FOUM ZGUID - TAZNAKHT - OUARZAZATE
After breakfast, you will leave the desert towards the village Foum Zguid where you could refresh yourself with a shower. You will pass by Lake Iriqui and varied landscapes of mountains and fossils! Lunch in Foum Zguid and return to Ouarzazate via the village of Taznakht renowned for its Berber carpets. You will arrive in the afternoon, dinner and overnight in your hotel in Ouarzazate Les Jardins de Ouarzazate .
DAY 5: OUARZAZATE - AIT BEN HADDOU - MARRAKECH
In Ouarzazate, you will enjoy a visit to the Cinema Studio known as Hollywood of Africa and the fortified village Ait Ben Haddou which has been used in the filming of more than 20 films including Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia. Take a stroll to explore the traditional Moroccan style of architecture in which the Kasbahs are built. You will continue your road to Marrakech through the High Atlas mountains and the Tizi n'Tichka pass. Lunch break in the middle of the Atlas Mountains before continuing to Marrakech.
What to remember
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transport in 4x4 or modern air-conditioned tourist minibus with French-speaking driver
• Camel ride
• 2 nights hotel accommodation (double room with a shower)
• 2 nights in a bivouac in a nomad tent.
• Breakfast and dinner
What is not included:
• Lunch between 5 to 15 euros
• Local guide in Ait Ben Haddou 3 euros per person
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional activities (quad.)