4-Day Sahara Desert Tour to Zagora and Merzouga
The 4-days circuit in the desert from Marrakech to Zagora and the dunes of Merzouga will make you explore the majestic desert of the Moroccan Sahara in 4 days to follow the paths of the old caravan routes. Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi, sleep under the stars in your Moroccan desert camp in Merzouga, cross the valley of roses and the 1001 kasbah route. Finally, admire the splendid Kasbah of Aït Ben Haddou. Take this 4-day private tour and enjoy the VIP treatment. Your own driver, fully qualified and accredited, will allow you to discover Merzouga in the best possible way.
Destinations: Zagora - Merzouga
Availability: Daily at 9 a.m.
Duration: 4 Days and 3 Nights
Category: Private tour
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, hat, jacket and sunscreen, swimsuit.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|630.00 £||648.00 £||792.00 £||900.00 £||1,026.00 £||1,152.00 £||1,278.00 £||1,386.00 £||1,494.00 £||1,548.00 £||1,728.00 £||1,854.00 £||1,980.00 £||2,106.00 £|
• Enjoy the panoramic views of the snow-capped mountains and Berber villages from the High Atlas.
• Cross the famous Tzi n’Tichka pass located at an altitude of 2260m.
• Visit of fortifications Ait ben Haddou and Taourirt listed as World Heritage by Unesco.
• Visit the Cinema Studio in Ouarzazate.
• Visit of Zagora, one of the largest oases in Morocco.
• Camel ride in the Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga.
• Dinner and overnight in a bivouac in the Sahara desert.
• Admire the change of panoramas, the kasbahs and the Oases on this Zagora and Merzouga circuit.
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - TIZI N ’TICHKA - OUARZAZATE - AGDEZ - ZAGORA
You begin your journey to the desert in the south-east of Morocco via the High Atlas via the Tizi n’Tichka pass. you continue to Ouarzazate for lunch.
In the afternoon, you will continue south-east to the oasis of Agdez, where the amazing landscape of the Draa river will begin. From there, the landscape will radically change from arid rocky fields to lush green oases bordered by palm trees. Upon arrival in Zagora, you will head to your traditional guesthouse for overnight accommodation after dinner.
DAY 2: ZAGORA - TAZZARINE - ALNIF - RISSANI - MERZOUGA (DUNES ERG CHEBBI)
After breakfast, you will take the road to Merzouga crossing the Anti Atlas mountains where you could meet local nomads. You will stop at Alnif oasis for lunch. Passing through the holy city of Rissani, you will arrive in Merzouga where you will meet your camel caravan for a ride in the desert to the Dunes of Erg Chebbi. In the evening you will attend the sunset, then, you will join your luxury camp nestled in the middle of the dunes for dinner and a night in the Sahara.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA - ERFOUD - TODRA GORGES - TINGHIR - BOULMANE DADES
Wake up early to watch the sunrise and enjoy the silence of the desert. After breakfast, meet your driver for the Tinghir Oasis and the Todra Gorge. You will discover the paths of the High Atlas and Berber villages and where you will enjoy an hour of stroll in one of the most beautiful palm groves of Morocco sheltering adobe villages and uninhabited kasbahs. You will stop at the majestic Canyons de Todra where you will have a Berber tagine for lunch. In the afternoon, you will continue to the Dades Gorges via the valley road and a thousand kasbahs. Dinner and overnight at a local guest house.
DAY 4: BOULMANE DADES - KaALAA MAGOUNA - OUARZAZATE - AIT BEN HADDOU - MARRAKECH
After breakfast, enjoy the panoramic views while changing the Dades valley and the rose route. You will pass by Kalaa Mgouna, famous for planting Damascus roses, before reaching the Oasis of Skoura. You will discover the architecture of the desert fortifications and the way of life of the Berbers living in the oases. Arrival at Ait Ben Haddou, after a guided walk in the village and the visit of the Kasbah which is a famous place for filming in Morocco, Lunch in Ouarzazate and continuation for a visit of the kasbah of Taourirt before taking the road towards Marrakech while passing by the High Atlas mountains and the Tizi n'Tichka pass.
What to remember
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transport in modern, air-conditioned tourist minibus with French-speaking driver
• 3 Nights of accommodation
• Breakfast and dinner
• Camel ride
What is not included
• Lunch between 2 to 10 euro the menu
• Optional guide 3 euros per person at Kasbah Ait Benhaddou.
• Guided tour of the Cinema Studio 5 euros
• Optional activities