3 days private trip from marrakech to Merzouga
Our 3-day excursion to the dunes of Merzouga with one night at the hotel in the Dades gorges and the second night in a luxury bivouac in Merzouga guarantees a total change of scenery and an unforgettable desert experience. Accompanied by your own accredited and fully qualified driver, you will discover the south of Morocco at your own pace and in the best possible way.
Destination: Excursion Merzouga 3 days
Transport: Minibus or minivan
Duration: 3 Days 2 nights
Category: Private tour with French speaking driver
Clothing: Comfortable clothing, hat and sunscreen.
Payment: Payment upon departure
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|360.00 £||486.00 £||576.00 £||666.00 £||756.00 £||846.00 £||936.00 £||1,026.00 £||1,116.00 £||1,206.00 £||1,386.00 £||1,476.00 £||1,566.00 £||1,656.00 £|
Highlights Merzouga excursion 3 days
• Explore a panoramic route from the High Atlas and the Tizi n’Tichka pass at an altitude of 2260m.
• Visit the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Visit the museum and the Cinema Studio in Ouarzazate.
• Enjoy the big dunes of Erg Chebbi on a camel
• Admire the sunrise and sunset at the Dunes of Merzouga
• Enjoy a friendly atmosphere of a bivouac vigil around the campfire.
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - TELOUET - KASBAH AIT BEN HADDOU - OUARZAZATE - GORGES DE DADES
The circuit will start with the discovery of the High Atlas and Berber villages. You will pass from Tizi n’Tichka, the highest road in Morocco (2260m) and the only direct passage that will take you to Ouarzazate and the entire Southeast region. The first stop will be the Telouet Kasbah on the heights of the Ounila Valley. The latter offers you spectacular landscapes of ocher villages, abandoned kasbahs, orchards, and Ksours. You will then visit the Kasbah Ait Benhaddou: a site recommended by Unesco World Heritage. Lunch at the Kasbah and continue to the door of the desert and the city of cinema Ouarzazate where you will visit the museum and the Studio of cinema. Then we will continue to the Dades Gorges and the Valley of Roses where we will spend the first night at the hotel panorama dades .
DAY 2: GORGES DE DADES -TINGHIR - GORGES DE TODRA - MERZOUGA - DUNES D'ERG CHEBBI
The next day, after breakfast, you will take the road to Merzouga. You will pass the Todra gorges, the starting point for hikes to the highest Atlas mountains. Then make way for a site visit and continue to Merzouga. Upon arrival, you will take the dromedaries to begin your desert ride through the marvelous dunes of Erg Chebbi. In the evening, you will appreciate the beautiful sunset before leaving for the bivouac where you will spend your night after dinner around the campfire Atlas du sable .
DAY 3: MERZOUGA - DRAA VALLEY - AGDEZ - OUARZAZATE - MARRAKECH
Very early in the morning, you will attend the sunrise then you will return to the camp for breakfast. Your driver will then take you to discover the small villages of Agdez along the magnificent Draa Valley lined with palm trees and ancient kasbahs. You will cross the Tizi Tinififft pass (1660m) for the arrival in Ouarzazate where you will have your lunch before returning to Marrakech by crossing the Tiz-Tichka pass (2260 m) and the High Atlas mountains.
What to remember:
• Make sure you bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the trek on camelback). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for trekking due to rubbing with stools which can cause skin irritation.
• Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transport in minivan or minivan with French-speaking driver
• Half board accommodation (dinner and breakfast included)
• 1-night accommodation in a hotel in the Dades gorge (private room with private bathroom)
• 1-night accommodation in a luxury bivouac in Merzouga
• Camel ride 1 hour at sunrise or sunset
• Local guide
What is not included:
• A la carte lunch between 10 to 15 euros
• Access fees to monuments