3 Days Marrakech Desert trip to Merzouga
3-days tour in the desert from Marrakech to Merzouga
This desert tour from Marrakech to the dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga is one of the best routes for those who want to visit the deep desert of Morocco without wasting time driving long hours, especially on the third day. The visit is rich in landscapes, you will never be bored because you will be busy admiring one scene after another. The dramatic change of scenery is incredible: From the fertile plains of Haouz around Marrakech to the High Atlas mountains, then to the different valleys and oases. In the end, you will see rocky plateaus followed by the dunes of Erg Chebbi which are breathtaking. The highlight of our 3-day excursion from Marrakech to Merzouga is your camel ride at sunset and overnight under the stars in your Bedouin Sahara Desert camp.
Availability: Daily departure from Marrakech.
Destination: Erg Chebbi Dunes Merzouga Maroc Sahara.
Pick-up time: at 7:30 am from your hotel or your Riad in Marrakech.
Duration: 3 days return at 8 pm.
Category: excursion not expensive in Marrakech.
Payment: payment is made directly to the driver in any currency.
Recommendations: Comfortable clothes, hat, jacket and sunscreen, camera and phone chargers, warm clothes in winter.
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|80.10 £||160.20 £||240.30 £||320.40 £||400.50 £||480.60 £||560.70 £||640.80 £||720.90 £||801.00 £||881.10 £||961.20 £||1,041.30 £||1,121.40 £|
3-dayS tour in the desert from Marrakech to Merzouga
JOURNEY FROM THE MARRAKECH DESERT TO MERZOUGA
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - AIT BEN HADOU - OUARZAZATE - GORGES DE DADES (6 HOURS ROUTE)
Departure from Marrakech in the morning, the driver will pick you up from your hotel. You will take the road to the dunes of Merzouga, passing by the High Atlas via the Tichka pass located at 2260 altitude. The first stop will be the Kasbah Ait ben Hadou and the former Kasbah de Talouet. These two fortified villages, recognized by the Unesco world heritage, offer you a complete panorama of the techniques of construction of the old earthen houses ... Lunch at the Kasbah and direction towards Ouarzazate. In Ouarzazate, you will visit the Taourirt Kasbah and the film studios before going to the Dades gorges. Take advantage of the splendid landscapes of the Dadès valley, the Roses valley, and Kalaa M’gouna. On arrival, you will watch the sunset: the Dades gorges show all their magic… The first night in a typical hotel Very clean and comfortable, ideal for an overnight stay.
DAY 2: GORGES DE DADES - MERZOUGA (DUNES DE ERG CHEBBI) (4 HOURS ROUTE)
Breakfast in the Dades gorges and direction to the dunes of Merzouga: the starting point for an unforgettable stroll in the desert. Merzouga is recognized by its Erg Chebbi dunes, or the most commonly called Merzouga dunes, which are larger than 100 km². Enjoy an hour and a half of camel ride through the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi and watch the sunset, which offers an incredible and unique view in the world. Second night in bivouac under the stars after a traditional dinner around the fire.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA - OUARZAZATE - MARRAKECH (9 HOURS ROUTE)
After the sumptuous sunrise, take part in a typical breakfast and return by camel to Merzouga. Admire the beautiful landscapes of the Sahara, oases, palm groves and green valleys ... Return to Marrakech.
Our Tips for this 3-day circuit in the desert from Marrakech to Merzouga:
• If you wish to spend the night in a private tent in Merzouga with appropriate bedding and the possibility of taking a shower in a private room of the lodge the following day in Merzouga before returning to Marrakech, an additional € 10 per person will be required. This tour includes stops for shopping, don't feel you have to shop.
• If you wish to spend the night in a private room with a private bathroom in your hotel in Dades, an additional € 10 per person will be required.
• The visit to the Ait Ben-Haddou kasbah is free and free of charge.
• If you wish to take an optional local guide, the recommended price is 3 euros (negotiable at the start) per person.
• You can take your luggage without exceeding a backpack and a suitcase per person.
• This circuit is not suitable for children under 12 years old.
• Do not take this excursion if you have a flight on the same day there may be a delay in the return.
• In shared desert trips, you will share transport with different travelers and not always our main travelers.
• The last day is a long drive from Merzouga to Marrakech and we recommend that you take the extended tour for 4 days if possible, especially if you are traveling with young children.
• The private visit is always better 220 euros per person.
• Transport in a 17-seater minibus, air-conditioned, driver speaking French or English
• Departure and recovery at your place of residence.
• 2 Nights of accommodation "First night at the hotel in Dadès, Second night at the bivouac in Merzouga
• (Breakfast and dinner) x 2
• Camel ride
What is not included
• Optional guide € 3 / person at Kasbah Ait Benhaddou
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional activities Back