3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga and back to Fez
3 days Tour Marrakech Merzouga Fès
Marrakech and Fez are the main imperial cities essential for any visit to Morocco. By combining the Sahara Desert with Fez and Marrakech, your visit to the Morocco Desert will be as rich as possible. This desert tour from Marrakech to the dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga is one of the best routes for those who want to visit the deep desert of Morocco without wasting time driving long hours, especially on the third day. The visit is rich in landscapes, you will never be bored because you will be busy admiring one scene after another. The incredible change of scenery is astonishing: fertile atlas maps around Marrakech, passing through the High Atlas, then various panoramas of the valley and the oases, and finally, the Erg Chebbi sand dunes.
Availability : Daily departure from Marrakech.
Destination : Erg Chebbi Dunes Merzouga Morocco and return to Fez.
Pick-up time : at 7:30 am from your hotel or your Riad in Marrakech
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Category : cheap excursion
Payment : payment is made directly to the driver in any currency.
Recommendations: Comfortable clothes, hat, jacket and sunscreen, camera and phone chargers, warm clothes in winter.
Please read our tips at the bottom of the page.
|1 PRS||2 PRS||3 PRS||4 PRS||5 PRS||6 PRS||7 PRS||8 PRS||9 PRS||10 PRS||11 PRS||12 PRS||13 PRS||14 PRS|
|89.10 £||178.20 £||267.30 £||356.40 £||445.50 £||534.60 £||623.70 £||712.80 £||801.90 £||891.00 £||980.10 £||1,069.20 £||1,158.30 £||1,247.40 £|
DAY 1: MARRAKECH - DADES (7 HOURS OF DRIVING)
This circuit from Marrakech to Merzouga to Fez in Morocco will start from your hotel or riad at 7:30 am for the Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou via the Tizi Ntichka pass and the High Atlas mountains. Many stops will be made en route. Visit the Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which has also served as the setting for various Hollywood success stories. We continue towards Ouarzazate and visit the Kasbah Taourirte before lunch (free lunch). In the afternoon, we will head to Boumalne Dades via the Valley of the Roses before arriving at your small hotel located in the Dades Valley. Dinner and overnight at the hotel
DAY 2: DADES - MERZOUGA (4 HOURS OF DRIVING)
After breakfast, our journey today will begin with the Thousand and One Kasbah Road to Tinghir Oasis. You will enjoy the magnificent landscapes along with the last fortified villages which sheltered the caravan routes until the beginning of the XXth century. When we arrive in Tinghir, we will take a secondary road leading to the oasis. Take the time to walk by the stream and watch the locals cultivate and raise their livestock. Your walk will end at the majestic Todgha Gorge. After lunch in one of the local cafes (free lunch, we continue to Rissani, the famous starting point of the old caravan routes will cross the Sahara desert to Timbuktu. From there, we will cross rocky lands to Merzouga, where our camel caravan will be waiting for us. Enjoy a camel ride on the dunes of Erg Chebbi to admire a magnificent sunset before returning to our camp in the Sahara Desert, nestled next to the hostel. under the stars, while our local nomadic hosts play the drums.
DAY 3: MERZOUGA - FES (8 HOURS OF DRIVING)
After waking up to watch the sunset, have breakfast at the camper's lodge. You will then have time to cool off before saying goodbye to the group returning to Marrakech and meet your new driver who will take you to Fez. Once you have installed in your minibus, leave for Fez by crossing the Ziz Valley passing through Errachidia, capital of the region of Tafilalt, and continue towards Midelt where you will have lunch at leisure we continue to cross the mountains of the Middle Atlas with its cedar forests and its Berber cities of Imouzzar and Ifran. We will arrive in Fez late in the afternoon. Your shared excursion in the desert from Marrakech to Fez will end with a stopover in your Riad or hotel in Fez of your choice.
Our Tips for this 3-day tour in the desert from Marrakech to Merzouga and back to Fes
• If you wish to spend the night in a private tent in Merzouga with the appropriate bedding and the possibility of taking a shower in a private room of the lodge the following day in Merzouga before returning to Marrakech, an additional charge of 10.00 euros per person will apply. will be asked.
• This tour includes stops for shopping, don't feel you have to shop.
• If you wish to spend the night in a private room in Dades with the appropriate bedding and private bathroom, a supplement of 10.00 euros per person will be required.
• Visiting the kasbah in Ait ben-hadou is free and free of charge.
• If you wish to take an optional local guide, the recommended price is 3 euros (negotiable at the start) per person and do not feel obliged to make purchases.
• You can take your luggage without exceeding a backpack and a suitcase per person.
• This circuit is not suitable for children under 12 years old.
• Do not take this excursion if you have a flight on the same day there may be a delay in the return.
• The last day is a long drive from Merzouga to Marrakech and we recommend that you take the extended tour for 4 days if possible, especially if you are traveling with young children.
• The private visit is always better 220 euros per person.
What is included
• Transport in a 17-seater minibus, air-conditioned, driver speaking French or English
• Departure and recovery at your place of residence.
• 2 Nights of accommodation "First night at the hotel in Dadès, Second night at the bivouac in Merzouga"
• Half lunch and dinner
• Camel ride
What is not included
• Optional guide 3 euros / person at Kasabh Ait Benhdou.
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional activities