Description+ 324 Votes
Zagora a small quiet city that is located in an oasis in the southwest of the country .. enjoy the spectacular landscapes of contrast between the desert and the oasis and the green palm fields right in front of the mountain Zagora that constitutes one of the most spectacular landscapes that you will have the opportunity to see in this city, which is as beautiful by day as by night, next to the famous symbol of Timbuktu, where caravans of camels traveling through the desert and connecting the cities of North of Africa with those of the South used to set out from. Join one of our scheduled shared tours and explore the best of Morocco. Our shared tours are small-group tours, usually around 17 people at most, perfect if you don't want to invest in a private tour but are looking for a quality service.
They are available every day and cover many of Morocco's most favorite destinations.
Availability: every day
pickup time: 07:00 a.m.
Duration: 2 days
Category: Smal Group tour
Clothing: comfortable sports clothing, comfortable footwear, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
Duration 2 days
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Free cancellation Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a all refund
• Explore a panoramic road, passing through the High Atlas via the pass Tichka, at 2260 m altitude.
• Visit of the fortified village of kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.A site recognized by the World Heritage of Unesco
• Discover the charm of Ouarzazate city.
• Pass through Berber town of Agdez and the Draa Valley with its palm procession.
• Enjoy the dunes of Zagora on camelback and watch the amazing sunrise and sunset.
• Magical night, around fire at the camp after a traditional dinner.
• Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, cinema studio, Kasbah, canyons, walks, breaks for photos
Day 1: Marrakech, Kasbah Ait-BenHaddou, Ouarzazate, Draa-Valley, Zagora:
The tour departs from Marrakech before 8:00 in a comfortable and air-conditioned minibus. After crossing the Atlas Mountains, we reach Oarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, where many Hollywood movies are being filmed. There is a possibility to visit the Atlas film studios during the tour either on the first or the second day depending on your tour schedule. After visiting Ouarzazate, we continue the trip through the Draa-Valley and the beautiful Oasis. When we reach Zagora, we take a camel ride into the desert before we go to the camp (If you do not wish to ride camels, you can walk with the guide or take the transport to the desert camp). We take into account your accommodation in the Berber bivouac including full bedding, dinner and breakfast.
Day 2: Zagora, Draa-Valley, Ouarzazate, Marrakech:
After breakfast, we take early morning camel ride to explore the surrounding area and back to our vehicle. We return back to Marrakech taking the road through the Draa-Valley, Ouarzazate and over the Atlas Mountains with many highlight stops on the way. We reach Marrakech around 6 pm or 7 pm depending on traffic.
What to Remember:
Please be sure to bring warm clothing in the winter (no sleeping bags are required), light clothing in the summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and trousers (for the camel trek). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for the trek as the saddles can cause skin irritation.
What is included :
• Pickup & drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
• Transportation in modern and air-conditioned minibus, Driver speaking English.
• Overnight accommodation in a traditional desert camp.
• Camel ride.
• Breakfast and dinner.
What is not included :
• Lunch between 2 to 10 euros menu and Drinks
• Local guide to the Kasbah Ait Benhadou 3 euros/person
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional activities
• Personal purchases
Zagora does not offer big dunes compared to Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga or Erg Chegaga in Mhamid El Ghozlan. Zagora is a black and rocky desert.